Chapter 15 Examples
These pages have the complete source code and examples
from Chapter 15, More Widgets, from the Java Developer's Resource.
In the last chapter you learned the basic behavior of members of the class java.awt.Component. You also learned about the specific classes java.awt.Label and java.awt.Button. This chapter looks at the remaining Components, concentrating on the unique behavior of each. However remember that every Component has access to all the methods discussed in the previous chapter.
Topics covered include
- java.awt.TextField for single line data entry
- java.awt.TextArea for longer data entry
- java.awt.Checkbox for checkboxes
- java.awt.CheckboxGroup for radio buttons
- java.awt.Choice for popup menus
- java.awt.List for scrolling lists
- java.awt.Scrollbar for sliders
- java.awt.Canvas for pictures
- How to create custom Components with unique appearances and behaviors.
Examples from Other Chapters
[ Cafe Au Lait | Books | Trade Shows | Links | FAQ | Tutorial | User Groups ]
Copyright 1996 Elliotte Rusty Harold
Last Modified December 17, 1996